Snow Cone FAQs
We value your continued safety above all else. Please follow these guidelines when using your equipment to prevent injury and maximize product performance:
No direct contact to equipment by the general public should be allowed when used in food service locations.
Only trained personnel should operate this equipment.
Carefully read any and all instructions before beginning operation of the equipment.
Shaver reaches high speeds during operation. To avoid injury, NEVER place body parts or objects such as ice picks into or near the shaver head assembly while motor.
We are not responsible for any injuries that may occur due to failure to follow safety precautions.
Never make alterations to the equipment.
Machine must be properly grounded to prevent electrical shock.
Do not immerse any other part of this equipment in water. Doing so may damage equipment and prevent it from working properly.
Always unplug equipment before cleaning or servicing to prevent electric shock.
Be sure equipment is connected to properly grounded 120 volt power supply with 15 amp circuit. BLADES ARE SHARP AND OPERATE AT HIGH SPEEDS! Please be sure to keep all body parts and any objects such as picks or scoops away from the ice horn while power is on
1. Fill the ice horn with ice.
2. Press and hold the motor switch to activate blades and begin shaving ice.
3. While holding motor switch down, apply steady downward pressure to the ice pusher.
4. Release the motor switch when finished.
5. Repeat steps 2-5 for additional batches.
1. Remove all ice from the ice horn and storage compartment.
2. Operate the motor for several minutes to remove any water collection on the cutter head.
3. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
4. Using a clean cloth, wipe down all interior and exterior surfaces of the ice horn and ice pusher(Caution: Sharp Blades).
5. Clean the water collection tray by tilting the tray to drain the water trapped in the drain cavity. Slip the drain hose off the nipple fitting and lift the tray out of the cabinet. Clean tray and area below tray with clean cloth.
Note: FDA approved cleaners may be used when required for sanitation. Do not use ammonia based cleaners on polycarbonate door and/or side panels.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will my Sno-Cone machine produce?
The Sno-Cone machine was engineered to shave 500 lbs. of cube or chunk ice per hour, which is approximately 1000 Sno-Cones per hour. Your production may vary, depending on many factors such as heat, environment, etc.
How much ice will I need?
Most sno-cones are 4-6 oz. A 20 lb. bag of ice should produce 40-50 Sno-Cones.
Can I use block ice to make Sno-Cones?
You can use block ice to produce Sno-Cones if you first break it down into pieces 3-4 inches in size. Ice will not fit the horn if the pieces are too large.
How much syrup should I use to flavor my Sno-Cones?
One 4-6 oz Sno-Cone will typically take 1-2 ounces of syrup.
What Sno-Cone flavors are available?
We typically stock Blue Raspberry and Strawberry. We also have an assortment of other flavors available, depending on the season. If there is a specific flavor you are looking for, please give us a call and we will do our best to arrange for it.